Friday, April 18, 2008

Interesting Morning - Earthquake!

Right before the alarm went off this morning I was having this weird dream that my car wasn't driving right and I realized it wasn't my car and that I was at home and my house was shaking. I woke up my husband but didn't tell him why because I was half afraid he wouldn't feel the house moving but he did. We sat there for a couple seconds saying "wow" and then it was over. Did you all feel it?

http://www.wane.com/global/story.asp?s=8191474
A moderate earthquake shook many residents in their beds this morning in northeastern Indiana. According to the United States Geological Survey, Earthquake Information Center, the earthquake occurred at 5:37 am Indiana time this morning and was a magnitude 5.4. The epicenter for this earthquake was 7 miles from west Salem Illinois and 61 miles north northwest of Evansville Indiana. The Associated Press reports that tall buildings were swaying in Indianapolis. According the USGS a quake of the same magnitude was recorded with an epicenter in west Salem, Illinois in 1968. The 1968 quake was felt across 23 states.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Theresa said...

i totally felt it and I thought i was dreaming until i woke up to the morning news!!! and the whole time i was lying in bed thinking....hmmm, wonder if it is a tornadoe or an earthquake? and if it is a tornadoe shaking the house like this, it is to late to worry about it, so i went back to sleep. heeeheee! but it was kinda freaky feeling!

Ashley said...

Can you believe it... I didn't feel a thing because I was dead asleep to the world! LOL!!! Everyone else felt it though. I can't believe I missed it! :o( As an upcoming science teacher...I love this stuff. Here in Louisville, KY... we had some building damage. I hope you have a great day! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Angela said...

I didnt feel either one! The one this morning or the one at around 11:15!

Marcia said...

Earthquake! No problem! Of course being a native Californian you just take these things in stride. Last one we had was a couple months ago.

Glad there was no major damage and no one was hurt.