Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Challenge and Under The Sea




I've been holding off on posting these cards this week in order to give the receipient time to get them but I think it's ok to post now. These were made for an Under The Sea Swap. I realized after I signed up that I have no ocean themed stamps so I had to make due LOL. I knew I wanted to try this lilly pad scene and color it with twinkling h20's but I ended up mixing in some pearlx as well. I stamped the image in gold pigment ink and used clear embossing powder and let it dry for awhile before I used the twinkling h20's and my waterbrush. It was fun to try a different way to color since I've been so hooked on my copics lately. The Koi fish I stamped in Versamark and Stazon and embossed. I did color the fish with my copics and them again embossed the entire colored image with my Versamarker and then let sit for awhile. I have no idea why I do that but I knew I was going to watercolor so I wanted to give everything time to sit for a bit and make sure it was totally dry. I then ended up using different colors of twinkling h20's and some pearlx again for the water. I started with a very light green then let it dry and added some blue and let dry then went over it with a clear tinted with gold. Get our your watercolors this weekend and have some fun! That is my Friday Challenge to you this week. Have a wonderful weekend.




No comments: