Thursday, June 12, 2008

Indiana Storms

We've had some really bad storms off and on since last Friday here in Indiana. We actually got caught outside in some pretty frightning weather last weekend while we were at a local festival. My family and I ended up taking shelter in the local police station (I thank god I parked there!) while the storm and funnel clouds went over. After I got home my daughter looked outside and said OH WOW and we saw a double rainbow. What a beautiful sign. I was so thankful no one was hurt here in town and the damage was minimal. Unfortunately my dear friend Nina down in Terre Haute has probably lost her home to the flooding and levy breaking. Right now they are trying to assess the damage and get it pumped and emptied while they wait on news from FEMA. Say a prayer for her family this week. We are all grateful they are doing fine.




No comments: