Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day! This is the card I made for my dad using an oldddd SU set from 1997 that I had never inked up. GASP. See why I'm on a NO BUYING spree right now LOL. I laughed when I saw the date on it as I was mounting it and putting the stickers on. This was a fun card to make and when I saw the individual stamps it just sort of looked like if you put these 2 stamps together you could make it look like a golf course. When I was younger at home my dad used to take us golfing with him because we loved to drive the golf carts. My sister and I had so much fun doing that. No I never learned to golf. My vision is bad and I lose the ball in the air........no clue where they end up. Maybe if I used one of those hot pink ones I might be able to see it??? I wonder. However I have so many other hobbies I am sure not to find out this summer :) My dad lives in southern TX so he can golf year round now and I know that makes him happy. I did ink this image using versamark and brillance ink then embossed it. Once I did that I colored the image with my copics and then went over it again with my versarmarker and embossed it again. Then I used my brayer and sponges for the back ground. These are all techniques I learned off of Michelle Zindorf's blog. She is so fabulous. If you have not seen her blog you must check it out. She's a wonderful teacher. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice!
I posted the one I made on my blog.
Enjoy your day!

deb said...

Wonderful!!! I love it!
hugz